Consider being a kidney donor and transforming the life of someone living with Alport Syndrome.
Help change these numbers:
- More than 122,000 people are on the transplant waiting list
- Over 100,000 people are waiting for a kidney
- Only 14,029 kidney transplants took place last year, both living and deceased donors.
This is what you can do:
- Identify yourself as an organ donor by visiting Donate Life America and register in your state
- Tell your friends and family members to register too
- Let your family know your wishes
- Learn the facts about organ donation
- Consider becoming a living donor
Only healthy, unaffected Alport Syndrome family members should consider donating a kidney to a loved one.