Consider being a kidney donor and transforming the life of someone living with Alport syndrome.
Help change these numbers:
- Over 115,000 individuals are on the transplant waiting list.
- Over 95,000 people are waiting for a kidney.
- 34,768 organ transplants were performed in the United States in 2017, comprising both living and deceased donors.
- 19,849 kidney transplants took place in the United States in 2017.
This is what you can do:
- Identify yourself as an organ donor by visiting organdonor.gov
- Tell your friends and family members to register too
- Let your family know your wishes
- Learn the facts about organ donation
- Consider becoming a living donor
Only healthy, unaffected Alport syndrome family members should consider donating a kidney to a loved one.